tc Server 3.2.x End of Life
On December 31, 2020, tc Server version 3.x reached it’s
End of General Support status and the
End of Life has begun.
Projected Timeline for End of Life
- December 31, 2020 - End of General Support reached. Courtesy releases will be produced until Tomcat 7.x End of Life
- January 1, 2021 - Extra services for 3.2.x including RPM package repository, and tc Runtime Repository, Template Repository are no longer maintained.
- May, 2021 - Final tc Server 3.2.x release - 3.2.28 - released. This release includes the last anticipated Tomcat 7.x release.
- June 30, 2021 - End of Technical Guidance. After this date VMware support will no longer provide technical guidance.
- December 31, 2021 - Extra services for 3.2.x removed. Access to the artifacts in these services will remain available via Tanzu Network
Upgrading to latest tc Server
It is strongly encouraged to upgrade to the latest version of tc Server. VMware support is available to assist in the upgrade process
Most Notable Changes from 3.2.x to 4.1.x
- Single CLI for manage tc Server, tc Runtime, and tc Runtime Instances - The
tcservercommand provides a single and consistent interface.
- Separate directory roots for tc Runtimes, Templates, and tc Runtime Instances. This improves the seamless upgrade ability of tc Runtime Instances.
- Increased support for Docker and Kubernetes